- Safe Management and Administration of Medications
- Utilising nursing skills to support the delivery of effective front-line support to all Service Users
- Support the development and implementation of Health Assessments, Medication Plans and all supporting documents outlining supports for individuals including: personal plans, epilepsy plans, diabetic plans etc.
- Ensure that all Health Action Plans are delivered appropriately to all Service Users
- Promote good relationships with primary health care services in each individual’s community.
- Communicate and liaise with the Multi-Disciplinary Team
- Identify supports and work in partnership with the individual, their family and other supports as outlined within individual Personal Plans
- Support service users with health appointments and follow through on recommendations.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in relation to service users.
- Promote & nurture person centred planning using key worker systems and shared goal setting, maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Support the development and implementation of relevant documents outlining supports for individuals including: personal plans, standard operating procedures etc.
- Support and promote maximum opportunities for community involvement for people who use the service
- Deliver training as advised by management
- Assist DON in regard to compiling and presenting reports as required
- Maintain strict confidentiality in relation to staff and service users.
The list of key duties is not exhaustive.